Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Andres Poops In The Potty!

Andres pooped in the potty last night. I think they're both going to potty train at the same time, William at 3.6, and William at 2.1. William did urinate in the potty this morning too. I'm so proud of those boys.

I feel kind of split. There's a part of me that wants to force them to do it. There's a part of me that feels like they're going to have to follow directions at work. But that's quite a leap. The hope is that the less unconflicted they are growing up, the more available they will be to raise to the challenges of work. So I'm glad my overwhelmedness and passivity has allowed for it to unfold naturally, and now I see clearly how to guide him.

William was a little more open to cleaning up before he went to school this morning. I'm glad I've added that structure into the morning too. Now more consistent eating and bedtimes will be a good structure as well. My involvement in psychoanalytic training has put stress and pressure on the family (and me!). Diana is a supportive trooper though, bless her.

No comments: