Monday, December 26, 2005

357. Christmas

We came to Virginia's Friday night, late because they did some last minute shopping. Virginia slept with Grunty. Harry, Angie, AJ, Emma and Venus came over. Then Abuela and Abuelo, with Judy, Brian, Alba and Veronica. Then Victor and Janet. We had a nice meal, but William was tired, and I went to bed with him. He woke up later, and we found him crying on top of the stairs. Someone turned down the monitor. So William was awake for the festivities.

Somehow they got Tim to dress up as Santa Claus. We took pictures. Abuela wanted to talk about baby Jesus, but the kids went a little nuts with the presents, and she sat down. I think next year we should prepare the children, so she can say her piece.

AJ, Venus and Brian were mobbing the presents so much, there was yelling back and forth, it was a bit too much for me, when the presents were opened. William got a present he liked, shapes that go into a board. He's enjoyed that one when he was being evaluated. He got cars, and a semi truck that holds cars. William and Andrew got all kinds of clothes. His great grandparents gave them some nice clothes, one of the pajamas glows in the dark. Venus got a cell phone for emergencies, and she was very excited. Everyone enjoyed the ball pit that Josephine sent over. Everyone wanted to play with Andrew's lay on your back and swat at things toy. We couldn't get the kids to stop, so we finally took up Andrew and let them play with it, until they got tired of it.

William got an activity center, and a big truck. I gave him some books, one of which I can not find. I gave everyone a calendar with photos of William, Andrew, Virginia and Aida, the godmother. I forgot that Harry might not appreciate that, but after some jokes he was gracious. I gave the women English readers Barbara Lewis Marco's The Little Book of Courage, a sweet little book. I gave everyone at work that too. I've got some more to give out too. I gave Diana tickets to see Avenue Q on Broadway. Brian liked his Mets jersey, and light saber, but the kids were left wanting more, and kept hovering around the presents, looking for more. Someone said, "one present at a time," but that rule did not hold for one second. I got many nice things, of which I am very thankful for. We watched Serenity the next day, a DVD Diana got me, and we all enjoyed that, though Diana took William away when it got violent. I hope everyone is happy with their presents. I was mostly focused on William. I think Andrew liked being held, he's never been held so much, he's usually put down occasionally. Alba was holding him a lot.

So Christmas Day, was nice. Harry and his brood slept over. Later Aida and Natasia came over, and we had a second Christmas. Natasia has a special place in my heart, and it was good to see her and Aida. Kay La is down in Florida with her sister. Lots of presents left for the people who were not there.

I had to work the 26th, but it was a quick ride in, and we got off early. I got home, excited to see my boys, Diana, everyone, and they were out shopping. So I have some time to read the paper and blog.

I had a real swelling up of holiday spirit, very positive emotions this year. I called all my buddhist friends, and the godfathers. I'm in the process of calling family now. I had a very nice conversation with Grandma in Georgia. I feel very lucky, I have such a rich life. I wish everyone happy holidays.

The irony, is that the nearest Buddhist holiday is Bodhi Day on the 19th, celebrated by the Zen tradition. I enjoy other's positive emotions and happiness. Because it means so much to people, there is a great atmosphere, and being around Diana's family is very comfortable now, I enjoy their company. I think William and Andrew make this time special, having children. It's been a good weekend.

No comments: