Sunday, January 01, 2006

358. 2006

William fell asleep, but woke up later. Diana went upstairs to spend the new year with William as it was coming into being. Andrew was held by Paquita and Jimmy. It's a new year. I think about the past and future quite a lot, so the technical change over presents no real new challenge for me. Of course it has been an amazing year with the birth of Andrew. I was writing to Bill that I don't read much any more, but I get to watch two children unfold and develop in front of me, which is rather amazing. William keeps amazing us. Andrew is really quite the charmer, with his conversation with you. I feel so lucky to have those two and the mother who bore them, and the family and support network that helps us, which is really quite deep and wide. I suppose the turning of the calendar is another opportunity to express my gratitude and wonder of it all.

No comments: