Saturday, December 17, 2005

354. Family

It's been a tough two weeks, with Diana going back to work. Taking William over in the morning is an added difficulty, and I'm often taking them home. William cries as he's handed over, which is heart breaking, and he doesn't like coming home either, he fights that. Diana has been surviving on almost no sleep, and I've gotten sick with the cough that William has. Diana's work, cut her off from health insurance, in a mistake. They have made other mistakes, which to me indicate that the board of education is not family friendly. The principle of her school is not family friendly. Both of those statements sound bizarre, but they are true.

There was an article in the times about buying electronic gadgets for children under three, that has made me more anxious about all the time William spends watching DVDs. The evaluation made me feel ignorant, that I had not been more in tune with teaching my son commands and supporting his language development more. I suppose you live and learn. I'm a little negative due to lack of sleep. I'm not sure how Diana does it and keep a positive attitude.

As hard and impossible as it all is, William and Andrew are cute and lovely. And will coo at you for hours. William is saying more and more words, running, giving his brother toys to play with. Poor William has been under the weather a little bit lately. They asked me to work another day at work, and I turned them down. I'll work a little extra in the evening if needed, but weekends are sacred, they are for my family.

No comments: