Sunday, March 19, 2006

372. "Mine"

William likes to play chasing games. He won't share the blue crayon, and I chase him around for it. William likes to play Ernie to my Burt, dumping toys out, and I get all upset and want to put them away.

William has developed his own vocabulary. "Ew" is a kind of disgusted noise. "Da boom" is a kind of action sentence. "Nuh nuh" is a kind of pleading wanting, pay attention to me.

Tuesday Andrew went to bed early. Wednesday William went to bed early. Tonight I'm going to bed early. I'm exhausted. Diana turned her paper in, and it's been a hard week.

Last night I gave Grunty a bath, perhaps my first solo bath with him. The water was cold, so I made it short. I think his new nickname should be Grungy. Andrew is huge, he lunges at anything that catches his fancy.

Tuesday William was all set to get upset about me going to work, when Emma came over. He loves to play with her.

My meditation have been influenced by their irregular sleep patterns. Sometimes I get up to save Diana some sleep. Sometimes Andrew wakes up and I can feed him and get him back to bed, and sometimes like this morning, they were both up, and Diana contained them until I was finished. William related well to his brother. Diana put them in the crib and went to the bathroom, and I hear laughter. Diana took them to her mothers, and came home later and finished her paper. I held William in the sunshine, so he could get some vitamins in sunshine.

William said "mine!" in response to Emma's "mine!"

No comments: