Wednesday, August 03, 2005

288. The Park

The park has a different flavor every time I go to it. I also like going to the park to give Diana a break. She's so tired from being pregnant, and her helping nature. She's wanted so much to support Aida through her mourning the loss of her mother.

Last night big men were playing basketball, instead of the usual little kids or spare people just taking shots. William at one point tried to go onto the court, and I made a game out of keeping him off it. Soon enough he will be able to dodge me and get around me. Not now though.

Little Kayla was there, a 20 month girl, that William has met before. The mother was blowing bubbles, and a bunch of kids went a little wild about it, almost knocking over little Kayla. She left a little while later, saying it was too rough. William is almost hit by bikes and kids running, but I'm right next to him protecting him.

He's getting more and more dextrous. He wanted to climb with coins in his hands, which I had to eventually force out of his hands.

I have to remember to bring a ball. He borrows balls, and the Indian looking women in their saris are very nice. I'd say the dominant ethnicity is Indian at the park, though I can't say if they're from Pakistan or Bangladesh or Guyana or Trinidad. Some cover their heads, and they seem a bit presumptuous to imagine I would be attracted to them if they showed more of their bodies, but I want to tell them I don't think Islam is responsible for terrorism, that terrorism is a perversion of Islam. I haven't yet asked anyone where they are from, but I imagine I will. I recognize many faces at the park. I like the mix.

William wanted to get on the rocking horse for the first time. I've put him on it, but he always wants to get off. More and more dextrous.

Today is Diana and my 8th anniversary and my father's birthday. Happy birthday Zane.

No comments: