Sunday, July 31, 2005

287. Weekend update

I wrote a blog yesterday, but the pop blocker blocked the spell check, and when I turned it off, it last my text. I got frustrated and didn't reblog.

William tried out the pool here in New Jersey. He's been in it with Emma in PA. He's going to be spending more time with Emma, her female peer. Diana thinks she will baby sit Harry's kids: Emma, AJ and Venus. When school starts back it will be just Emma. William will have a play mate. Diana says it's actually easier to have more kids because you can do things and just trouble shoot.

Natasia has spending a lot of time with us too with her grandmother's death. My condolences to Aida and the loss of her mother. Today is a prayer thing, tomorrow the wake, and Tuesday the funeral.

William seems to have changed quite a lot to my eyes with my almost 3 days away from him. Of course he's not really done anything specific or said a word twice. He's said things, but at this point, repeating them is my mark of understanding them on a higher level that he can really reuse it.

We took Diana for her lobster birthday dinner last night, she had a 2.5 lb. lobster. William was a good boy and ate in the high chair for a while, but soon he had to be walked around. He charmed a couple that reported they were grandparents. I made a buzzing noise when he went close to the yellow line that was the curb. One time I made it too loud and he cried.

William gets excited by certain noises. The sound of his mother or father coming home. The shower gets him going, last night he insisted on having a family shower. Also the sound of ice gets him going. He likes the start of sesame Street, and he likes to be sung the songs. He pays a kind of attention to singing. The Backyardigans has singing all the time, and he and Emma like that show.

Virginia gave us the gift of sleep two night running, bless her. Diana has been tired, and while I thought my cough and cold were getting better, they seem to be getting worse. We're going to take William to the doctor about his cough, which he still has and has begun to sound worse.

No comments: