Sunday, July 10, 2005

281. Sunday

Every time we go to the park, there are new people. I love the mix. Muslims, Jews, Christians, black, white, Hispanic and Asian, parents, grandparents, all ages shapes and sizes.

William played with Benjamine, a 25 month old boy who had pep in his step. His mother reports he's going to speech therapy. Another skinny woman with her child allowed William to play with a ball. An Asian man allowed William to play with his basketball.

William likes to go under all the equipment, and struggles up and down the big steps. He likes to go out of the park and look at the big tires on a jeep, splash his hands in a puddle.

At the first signs of fussiness, I took him home. I was there over an hour, plenty of time for Diana to take a shower.

I called Rich is Chicago, and Grandma in Newnan Georgia. Grandma Bell had a stroke. Otherwise all is well on that side. Braxton is beginning to walk, a little later than William. Grandma marveled at Alex, Morris' daughter's recent pictures.

William came home and sucked down a bottle of juice, and took a nap. He woke up today and kept pulling me into his room to read. It's hard to resist that, but it's rather tiring after a while. It's been a hard weekend, but Abuela is back in town, and Diana's going to go over there later when she gets back from church. Virginia had parties all weekend, and today she's out in Staten Island with a godchild and friend. Poor Aida is always at the hospital to visit her mother. KayLa is still in Florida. Alex is, who knows where. So it's been a tough weekend, with everyone being sick. I'm not sure if I've gotten it yet, but I definitely feel under the weather some. I'm hoping I'm fighting the bronchitis off.

No comments: