Sunday, June 19, 2005

273. Teeth brushing

Saturday William woke at 5. I stayed up and meditated after I gave him some milk. I think I heard Diana get up once in the night. I'm not so much into getting up in the night, I sort of want him to sort it out, but Diana likes to get up. And I want to try and make life easier for Diana.

On top of Diana's courageous effort, of course is Abuela, Virginia, Aida. They are all hard working committed women with their courageous efforts.

Saturday we went out to NJ. Diana et al went shopping, and I watched Garden State, a good movie, and took a nap. I woke up to William being put next to me, and I was instructed to hold the bottle. I got up and we watched Spanglish. William walks around and is as cute as ever. He likes to play peek-a-boo. He got a little cranky and Diana to me I could go to bed.

Sunday morning Deuce, who I've taken to calling "Manu", kicked Diana a few times to wish me a happy father's day. Raise the roof. Manu means law giver in Hindi, and second child in another language. And I like the improvisational play of Manu Ginobili. I was watching an Argentinean movie called Life According to Murial, and her brother's name is Manu. So henceforth Deuce is name Manu, for me.

Andrew Wyatt sounds too much like Andrew Wyeth, the guy who did Christina's World, the woman in the field looking up at her farm house.

I read William is the 8th most popular name in American history of male names. Andrew is #6. I'm not going to name my son #1: Jacob, though I do like it.

I woke up early, so I took care of William for a while, until everyone woke up. They took me for breakfast at the diner they took me to last year. I made them say what was good about me as a father.

I called Rich and Zane, but neither were in, but I did get my grandfather. He seemed to be doing well. He and Grandma are looking forward to see William and number two at Thanksgiving.

No comments: