Sunday, November 20, 2005

345. Christening

My mother says I didn't really talk till I was 2. Michael's mother says they drained some water in his ears and then he started talking. William went to bed at 1 Wednesday night, and I got him to bed by 10 Thursday night.

One of our doulas had a baby. The other sends her warm regards.

My mother said when I was a teenager, I didn't like overhearing my mother talking about me. She brought that story out at the meal after the shower, in front of my friends, which was slightly embarrassing.

Emma got William back Friday, when he was under the weather some, for all his pushing and hitting.

The Christening was in Spanish, to our surprise. Supposedly they alternate language, and supposedly this week was English. So the many people who did not speak Spanish were in the dark. Cliff liked it, because he said it helped him to see other aspects of the ritual. I had a hard time with it, and I have a hard time being in the church. I still have many negative ideas about other religions even though I've finally found one myself.

Ray said, "you can't have any more kids, because you've run out of Catholic friends." Diana said, Michael, who is Josephine's husband.

The meal was good. I enjoyed having time with others.

No comments: