Sunday, February 27, 2005

221. Synch

Diana and William have really gotten into synch during her midwinter recess. This morning she said, "he's tired," she snatched him up, fed him a bottle, and he's been out for a while now. He took a 2 hour nap, she napped with him for an hour.

Later we took the family shower. Diana turned the shower on, and William insisted on going into the bathroom. He loves water. Diana brings him in when I take my shower in the morning on work days. I kiss the shower door, where his face is. He puts his hand on it, and I put my hand on it. But he was banging on the door, and Diana didn't mind a family shower. She washes herself. We join. We wash William. She goes out and gets dressed, and I hold him. She takes him, and then I get to wash myself, while she slathers him in some kind of baby lotion, and dresses him as much as he will let her. He takes to flailing at a certain point, and Diana puts him in the crib to dress him. He begun to fight diapering.

Bill took some great photos at his party, and sent them to me. Virginia said they look like they were done professionally.

I went over to Diana's mother's with them. I promptly fell asleep, amongst the chatter of visitors. The Beltrans were there, then Judy and Brian came. Supposedly Harry was coming over with his 4. William is most happy around the the family, it is a blessing. For me, it meant much needed sleep. For Diana it means support, connection, laundry. For William it means getting to know his relatives, their friends, hearing Spanish spoken, seeing children closer to his age. Human contact is good, I hope he's not as introverted as me.

No comments: