Tuesday, April 01, 2008

change

I've got a new job and I won't be able to take William to school, because I will have to leave too early to get to work on time. I have different hours. I have only 13 more walks to school with William.

I realized yesterday, when a friend at work told me I have to talk to him about it, that I was avoiding thinking about it because I don't like the idea. I've loved waling William to school. I love talking to his teachers, seeing his classmates.

William of course thought he couldn't go to school any more, when I told him, he misunderstood what I was saying and lamented that he wouldn't see Natalie. No, you still go to school, only I won't be able to take you. Mommy will take you.

But they're going to Orlando first, and we have to begin to talk about that too. They're taking the train. I can't go because of my new job.

Family life is overwhelming, I'm often over matched by it. I don't know how Diana does all that she does. Last night she succeed in making a family dinner come about. Thank you Diana. I know all the research on families eating together at the dinner table. It's so hard with my wild boys, we often pass. But last night Diana put some positive energy into making it happen. Thank you.

I've figured out how to upload movies and photos from my phone to Facebook. So if you want some exclusive Facebook content about the boys, you'll need to friend me on Facebook: Stephen Parks Bell. Don't put up too much personal information, or control your privacy with the privacy controls. Some people are paranoid about information--just don't put it up then. It's an interesting way to keep some "social linkage" as one of my professor friends said.

No comments: