Saturday, March 01, 2008

Candy Land

They got some presents for Xmas. They have latched onto Candy Land. William understands the colors, but Andrew doesn't really get it. William cheated today, went ahead one more than he was supposed to. I've been working on expressing my perspective but not resorting to the power mode to make what I think is right, to happen. I think patience and perseverance is what parenting is all about.

They started playing hide and seek. It's better when I hide, because they laugh too much, get too excited when they are hiding.

Diana is planning a trip to Orlando. Aida has a time share, and we're short on money, but family is offering to help out. Diana has a thing about saying what she wants for presents, and ditto for William. We talked about plans for William's 4th birthday in April. I'm excited.

He often asks if he's 4. He also asks about how dinosaurs used stones to help them digest their foods. They both ask, "so I drank from your boobies when I was a baby," because they have been around chip when he's breast fed. Andrew calls them, "boolies", in his cute way of mispronouncing things.

Last night Aida watched the boys so Diana and I could go out on a date. I was tired from getting up early, but it's nice to be together alone, I really cherish those moments.

No comments: