Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

The egg hunt is about to begin. While I'm a Buddhist, I allow for many traditions, and Diana loves it. She loves the gathering of the family. Plus I had it growing up, so I have a kind of soft spot for these family and childhood experiences.

I haven't written in a while. Last weekend was lovely with Evan's birthday party last Saturday. The next day we went to lunch at a restaurant, never an easy proposition with those guys, and then took them to the Queens Zoo, which is lovely. We'll be going there more now that we know where it is.

Yesterday was gym class for William. Diana is considering putting them in a brothers class, instead of separate classes. I think that's a good idea. I feel so sorry for Andrew when he has to come along when I drop off his brother at school. He's a bit of a celebrity with the teachers and students there, somehow. Plus William is starting t-ball soon, so that's another thing Andrew can't do, and has to watch. We had the usual after class craziness at the bagel store with some of his friends. I'm getting better at tolerating chaos.

I've decided to use behavior modification for potty training. I'm giving them stars for every time they use the toilet. They can redeem 10 stars for toys and whatnot. William doesn't want stars, he wants balloons, so OK, they're balloons. Andrew is doing pretty well. William is motivated. So it's going OK.

William likes a show called Dinosaur King, which isn't very educational. They both like a new show called Super Why, which is educational which I like. There's no danger of them becoming couch potatoes. They are way too active for that.

There's a package at the post office for the boys, they got cards and whatnot, thanks to all who sent things for the Easter Holiday.

No comments: