Friday, February 29, 2008

week away, week off

I had a week off, where I went away and did a solitary meditation retreat. I then followed that by a week off, to be with my lovely sons. It's been a challenge at times, my sons challenge me greatly. I've given Diana a bit of a rest after having them for a week without me. I love my sons and it's been wonderful spending so much time with them. William is doing well in school, though he is a challenge for the teacher. He always wants to be in a group with his girlfriend Natalie. He says he wants to marry her. I ask him who's going to be the best man? He can't say. One of his peers like Camillo? He's not sure.

I try to take every opportunity to expand and explore through play. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to play. I use the boys as an excuse to not do things, too.

Last night Andres didn't crying with his hair being washed. William buttoned up his pajamas by himself. They are growing up very quickly.

I had a challenging gym class with Andres on Thursday. He wasn't in the mood. My job was to remain positive and not get flummoxed by it all, and at the end he did some stuff. I must investigate why I'm so easily overwhelmed and frustrated! One little blow up at the boys and they reflect it back to me. It's a sickening mirror.

No comments: