Sunday, August 26, 2007

Happy Anniversary

My grandparents, William and Andres' great grandparents, had their 65 wedding anniversary! Congratulations.

Poor Natasia fell off a horse and is in the hospital. She was held over night as a precaution. Her wrist is injured.

I took William to his gym class, and then for bagels with Leah and Emily and their parents. He wanted a Thomas The Tank Engine. I said no, and he said, "Duck?" meaning a different train. He struggled to not get one. His Abuela bought him a Molly and Express Coaches. He's definitely favoring the wooden format, or the larger ones with the plastic hooks that still run on the plastic blue tracks. He really likes the wooden tracks, but we don't have that many of them. Natasia gave them to him. She kept some of hers at her place so when he comes over he'll have something to play with.

So we had an OK time with Emma and Leah. Emma is a wild one, her poor mother really has a job trying to get her in line. I like her though. Leah shared her cookies with William. I like being with other parents. I'm afraid we won't see Emma and her mother any more, they're taking the next round of classes off from the gym. Hopefully we'll see Leah in 2 weeks when classes begin again. We're deciding whether we'll take both of them, or we'll just do William on the week, and let Paquita take Andres on the week, while William is in school.

Leah's mom gave me some positive feedback--she says she can tell how involved I am in the boys life. Felt good.

William forgot his trains, which to be honest was a relief. I liked it not having to deal with it. But William wanted, and we had a difficulty passing the Thomas store going back to the car.

He doesn't like it that the eye brows are rubbed off his Thomas trains. I put some eye brows on with a pen. They rub off though.

Diana took Andres out with her to shop at a teacher day at Staples. She said it wasn't any good, unlike last year, no real savings. They went off with Abuela and Abuelo.

It was a hot day and William asked for a Popsicle, so we went to the store. He played with his trains and watched some Thomas. At one point he got annoyed, didn't want it any more, so I turned it to the ball game.

They spent quite a bit of time away from each other. They run so hot and cold. One minute they are happy, getting along, the next they are not.

Last Friday they both got some injuries at the park. Andres was sliding down the pole and it rubbed his face next to his eye. Yikes. William took a tumble down the stairs, he wanted to go home. I was relieved when he felt better. He said he bumped the top of his head. I didn't see it, I was across the playground with Andres.

No comments: