Thursday, May 11, 2006

387. Tidal Wave

With Diana's papers and Andrew's new mobility, which require more supervision and comforting of disappointments, the slim margin, the buffer zone has shrunk to nothing, and the tidal wave of demands has eliminated the blog from consideration. Nothing really revolutionary has happened. Last night William pushed Andrew away, shouting, "share,". I suppose you have to misuse a word to learn what it means. I thought I'd taught it to him, when at Virginia's he brought over to Andrew some toys to play with. I said, "good sharing," to William, and he seemed proud of himself. To his world it's either give or keep, and "share" just becomes part of that. Last night he let me read to him the cool book Di gave him for his birthday, called Ten Minutes, and it's about the countdown to bed time. He let me read it to him while he was in his bed, under the covers, and I thought maybe he would let me put him to sleep, but alas, he hoped out of bed, and carried on for a while. I had to get some sleep. William has been exploring more outside our apartment, in the grass, the chains they have to keep people off the grass, the stairs down into the laundry room, the flower beds which he wants to destroy.

No comments: