Saturday, February 18, 2006

366. "Teve"

Virginia brought over some DVDs that William hasn't seen in a while, and he was mesmerized when he finally let me put them in. Usually William likes to choose the DVD.

William's speech therapy continues to go well. Shani had a fish puzzle, where you put pieces in with the fishing stick and magnet. The puzzle does not have pictures, and he still matches it. William is imitating more. He says "mine", "more" and "ven," which means come. He learned that from Janet who watches him Tuesday evening when Diana goes to class before I get to come. We're trying to get him to say "open" and "help". She's teaching his sign, and he does some. She has cards with words from the song. He follows along with stories, but he doesn't sing yet.

Emma wouldn't say my name, she says everyone else's name, but mine. But then last night when I was washing dishes, she kept coming to the kitchen saying my name, and then laughing and running away when I said, "what?"

No comments: