Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I want Grandma Kathy"

24 days to Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Rich's visit. William cried when I traced out the number of days on the calender. He says he wants trains--he still remembers which ones he doesn't have and plays with Thomas The Tank Engine trains. Unfortunately with me being between jobs we can't go out and just get him one to soothe him. He says he wants scary books, and not scary books. William is angry at me for delivering the news that Grandma Kathy isn't coming.

I think William is struggling because we're focusing on Andres in potty training. We need to operationalize some desired behaviors so we can have an excuse for rewarding him. I think that's what this is all about. I have been smooth in the transition. There are things we're working on.

I enjoy watching the boys run at the park. I like pushing William on the swing. I love it when people say that William is good with people. Andres is having trouble sharing at times, which hinders the ease of getting along with others at the park. Our maxim is "if you bring it to the park, you have to share it." Andres didn't like sharing his chalk, even though there is plenty. Andres is better at playing catch, William hasn't gotten into that, though he does like to toss the ball sometimes.

I have lots of photos on Facebook of our trips to the park.

Yesterday they somehow took 4 roofs off the jungle gym.

William had a good day yesterday following directions, his teacher said so. We were so proud of him. Andrew is separating well. Good stuff!

No comments: