Wednesday, September 03, 2008

1st day of school

We just dropped Andres and William off at school.

William is old hat, but he's got a new teacher, and some of his classmates from the previous class are in his class. His room is huge and he's excited about a train table. His teacher is a disciplinarian, which hopefully will be good for William.

We introduced Andres to his classroom, and then brought him along to say goodbye to William, and then brought him back. I watched several goodbye scenes. All but one kid cried when the parents left. Andres went into the pack with Mommy, and then he said she could leave. I was summoned. I read to him a little bit.

I was the last parent, so there was pressure to make me leave. So I made the decision when he wasn't paying attention to the book I was reading. They seemed like good people, the staff. I know Andres is going to do well in school. One mother kept telling her son not to feel the way he clearly felt. There's a kid who'll need psychotherapy at some point. He'll wonder why he is ashamed of his feelings, wonder why he often doesn't know what he's feeling.

Diana was was so sad. I think her feelings are essential, that's her passion for the boys, no need to apologize. She's sad to see her babies go to school. Now they are pre-K kids, no longer babies and infants. It's that very sadness and overwhelming feelings that make her such a good mother. Feelings pass. She will be a great mother of school age kids.

I feel excited. I know Andres will do well. William is already adjusted to school they are going to be so excited to tell me what happened today. Andres will tell me the naughty behaviors of other kids, who accidentally bumped into him, what the teacher said when someone was in trouble. William will tell me about the train table, and what Lola and Brianna did. Those girls are wild. Cool stuff, I can't wait.

Pictures to follow.

No comments: