Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to work for all

I had 9 days off, William and Diana had 11 days off from school. I chose to work Monday and Tuesday. I think I'll take New Years Day off in the future, not that many patients came in--though importantly some did--I feel conflicted about it. Anyway William went to bed early surprisingly. Andrew went to bed at 6 and wasn't awake when we left at 8:20, that's 14+ hours. William got dressed, ate his breakfast, he'd had a bath the night before. He was ready to go, though he didn't want to carry his backpack for the first time. Andrew got a backpack for Xmas, so he can put a backpack on now too--he really admired William's. I asked William what his favorite presents were. He answered vaguely, but probably accurately, "Thomas and Dinosaurs," not a specific present. I feel the weight of my life coming back on my shoulders, the eye tiredness. I didn't get to meditate this morning, which is annoying. I lost it, didn't meditate much over the past 2 weeks, my worst two weeks since I started the joyous practice of meditation. I want to get back into it, and I expect with a routine I will. But the boys are out of whack--I was so surprised they went to bed--they'd been up to 2AM the night before. Anyway, back to normal routines.

No comments: