Monday, November 20, 2006

437. Kathy and Rich

We had a lovely visit from Kathy and Rich. They came in in the late afternoon on Friday, Rich up from a conference at Princeton, and Kathy from Chicago. The boys were thrilled to see them, and enjoyed the many presents they gave all of us. They gave the boys some great puzzle books, and some Lego.

Unfortunately I had a cold, and I went to bed early. I let Diana sleep in though, in the morning, and fixed Rich breakfast. Mom fixed dinner Friday night, and made some dishes Saturday. Rich and I took the boys to the park for a couple of hours. William says, "I want to go to the park," whenever I leave now.

I took a long nap in the afternoon, feeling quite under the weather. Aida came over, bringing they boys the DVD of Cars. We went out to dinner with Virginia and Tim. Thanks to Aida for watching the boys. Natasia was with her father Harry, so she wasn't there.

Saturday it wasn't long before I took Kathy and Rich to the airport. I think the boys had a splendid visit with their grandparents. They were exhausted Sunday night. Mia came over and played for a couple of hours. When William started crying like he only cries when he's really exhausted, we took Mia home. William wanted to go "home" with her. Mia can be a bit rough, but she's basically a good girl, and I think it's so important for children to develop socially that I want her over as much as possible. I was trying to rest on the bed, and they all climbed up on the bed to hinder my resting. Nevertheless it was a nice visit from Mia and William was unhappy to see her go. Andrew is sometimes left out of their fun, but he's a jovial fellow anyway.

No comments: