Wednesday, May 07, 2008

T-Ball

William isn't into T-Ball, yet. He's the youngest on his team. He prefers mostly to play in the dirt. His participation is inconsistent. His first game on Saturday he wanted to hang out with a friend from school, on the other team, and he wouldn't put on his jersey. He did take some ground balls with me and the coach, so that was good. I'm trying to get him to watch some of the baseball on TV, teach him the game. An dew who can't play seems more into it.

It's interesting, I think I signed myself up for baseball in 6th grade. I like sports, think they are wonderful. So we've had him doing swimming, gymnastics and now T-Ball. There's also basketball and other things to sign them up for. Hopefully we'll do artistic things too. Diana is talking about a cooking class.

I suppose there's a part of me that says, "I didn't have so much when I was growing up." But I also had a bike and trees to climb, sleds and ice skates, outdoors were safe and I was allowed to roam freely. My boys are growing up in NYC and they really need structured things to do, they can't just go outside and play safely. So in a way, they have more safety restrictions.

They have been to museums I never went to. They have more exciting movies and TV to watch. I only watched cartoons on Saturday. They play with the computer, though not much yet. Andrew seems particularly bewitched by technology, seems to want his own iPod already. He likes to wail away at the computer. The boys are very different, but I love them both. I'm glad ICP classes are on break till September, I'm only going to be gone one night a week now, instead of 2 which is difficult now that I leave for work so early in the morning with my new job.

No comments: