Saturday, September 01, 2007

Update

The boys are cute. It’s the end of the summer and change is in the air. The boys really hated me going to work when Mom wasn’t home with them. Diana went back to work Thursday. Andres wants to put his shoes on with me, and go to work. William threw tantrums about someone playing with the trains in the way he did not designate. For instance I put the express coaches on Neville and he gets upset. He runs into his room.

Andrew can climb up the jungle gym, William goes down the big twirling slide by himself. A woman commented that William is sweet. I swell with pride. I think they’re pretty special. Andres tries to be helpful even if he isn’t so much at the moment, giving me things I don’t need. He kissed the little 4 month old twins the boys were playing with. A focus of mine is being friendly, relating positively to others, protecting yourself when kids are mean or not open to socializing. They play with many different races, Chinese, Indian (Gujarati speaking), Hispanic, Jewish (Askenazi & Sefardic), and Eastern European (Romanian, Russian) kids. Not too many WASPs. I like the diversity, but I wonder what would happen if there was a more common cultural base. It is the world they inhabit. I was talking with Trebor last night about my struggles, fears and joys of being a father. He’s got a baby on the way—a girl due in October. Virginia is due around the new year. A woman at work is in between those two, I think.

No comments: