Sunday, February 25, 2007

Some Things I'm reading

There's an interesting article on the legacy a fellow got from his father in the Times style section (which I usually dont read, but suppose I might have to now).

There's also a touching article on how a marriage is progressing and the adversity. I like it that the husband sees problems as beautiful.

I like Tom Classen's haibun. His site doesn't have Before School, which is in the intresting book Journey to the Interior: American Versions of Haibun, which is edited by Bruce Ross. But it has some interesting ones.

I read David G. Lanoue's Haiku Wars, which Zane lent me, on our family visit down south. It's a haiku novel. My father writes some of these Asian inspired poetry forms, which you can see some on his site.

It's been 50 years since Sangharakshita wrote A Survey of Buddhism, but for my money, it's the best single book on Buddhism, that is not a sutra.

Last week in Newnan Georgia, I read the Times-Herald newspaper. And the Atlanta Constitution-Journal.

No comments: