Tuesday, February 06, 2007

460. Long Time No Write

One of William phrases these days, when he can't find something, he says, "it's in the bushes."

The last Saturday in January morning was a lovely family day. William and Andrew like it when their parents are home even if they frustrate them. Aida and Natasia were over too. Andrew fell and scraped his chin. We had Delilah's birthday party at Harry and Angie's Saturday and we went over to celebrate. I put in West Side Story, which William likes at times.

The last Sunday in January was Robyn's birthday party, and there was a big blowout party at Virginia and Tim's.

This first Saturday in February I took the boys to the park in the cold weather. They look awfully cute in their snow suits. I always think of getting vitamin D through sunlight on the cheeks in winter time. William is quite deft at going down the slides now. They got absolutely dirty in the muck of the field, digging into the earth like some earth worshipers.

Diana and I have been going though some difficulties. My hope is to communicate better, more along the lines of Non-violent communication, which I have fallen short. In fact, I fall short of most of my ideals about the spiritual life, but that doesn't make me quit, I just want to try harder and have patience with myself. I went to the ER last Wednesday with chest pain. We're going to work it up, rule out angina, but I think it's anxiety, stress, tension. I'm hoping we're getting stronger from this adversity.

No comments: