Saturday, December 13, 2008

Newnan part two

We had a nice dinner at Sprayberry’s Tuesday night and then Molly and Ben came over. The boys really took to Molly, it was quite sweet to see her enter into their play and listen to them. The boys were their usual energetic and alive levels, with their egotistical pursuits where they worked to include others. I must say I think William is a wonderful social being. Andres is a little more withdrawn, and perhaps watches his older brother, but also joins in and plays wonderfully. I do wish they would take turns in conversation better, but that will come with time, I’m sure. I see streaks of know-it-all, and interrupting that are uncomfortable mirrors, and just plain difficult behaviors at times. Just before they came over I was upset at William for punching me in the eye during some rough housing. Turns out he’d just punched his mother in the eye too, which really annoyed me. I can get so angry one minute, and feel their sweetness the next, which is what children are like. Anyway, I’m a big fan of Molly now after he sweetness to the boys. Molly said a funny story about Braxton. He looked at the Target flier and said, “I want all the toys for boys and some of the toys for girls.”

Wednesday was rainy, and I rested up for the trip back. The boys played well. We left 7am the next day and arrived at 2am in the early morning the next day. Nineteen hours of travel. I was sad to leave them. Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for their generosity in hosting us while we were there. Thank you to everyone who visited.

No comments: