Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Andres turns 8

My excellent son turns 8 today (yesterday). We’ve been celebrating his birthday for a few weeks now with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa. The celebrations will continue for a few more weeks. Many presents have been given and he will get many more. Today is the actual day. He’s taking cupcakes to school.

I like Andres’ energy, his desire to connect with people, his enthusiasm, the way he advocates for himself. He’s handsome, cool, intelligent, social and athletic. I’m so proud of his efforts in school and in martial arts. I know he loves his brother very much, and likes to bother him too. I know he loves his mother who has worked very hard with his homework and education. I remember teary nights of homework and he’s really matured and growing up.

I love him so much.

The other day Andres said to me, “you know shooting stars are asteroids?” I thought that was so awesome.

No comments: