Sunday, November 30, 2008

Chicago



We had a lovely trip to Chicago.

Our flight there was not too stressful. I think I'm getting more used to traveling with my pollywogs. Here's a link to Andres on plane.

Here's a link to a photo of William on the plane.

Andres was next to me, and he fell asleep and I got to finish my Paul Auster book, Brooklyn Follies.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving meal when we arrived. The boys liked the apartment my parents are renting near the Navy Pier. They had some presents, a big collection of markers and paper, plus scissors and glue. William and Andres made some pictures for them.

Friday we went to the Field Museum. Above is a photo of William in front of the famous Sue. Then Kathy and Rich treated the boys to some presents in the Sue Store. I got to look at the little Tibetan section.

We had a lovely lunch at Wishbone. Then we hung out at home, after the boys tried a nearby park. Rich and Kathy were amazed at the animation and sophistication of children's movies like The Incredibles, and Ratatouille. The boys played together nicely for the most part.

Saturday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo.


William would not say goodbye to Glamma when we got to the airport. He wanted to change the reality by denying it was happening. In the airport we saw a large reproduction of a dinosaur, and the boys got some more gifts. Poor William dropped his winter globe of Sue, and broke it. So I bought him another one. Our flight back was OK. We were in the last row. Andres fell asleep just as we were about to land. Victor was right there with our car. I think it was a lovely trip. Thank you Kathy and Rich for such a wonderful time!

No comments: